Behind us is the checkpoint which by tomorrow at this time should be one hopping place! Full of dogs, volunteers, fans, media you name it we will be here checking it all out!
Checkpoint Update!
I was out at the airport early restocking hats that we sell for the ski team. The top photos you will see the blue bags that have a straw bale in each one for dog bedding. The vet clinic has a lot more going on than the last post. People were moving equipment. In the background is a loader moving snow to make berms for the dogs to be out of the wind.To the top right of this photo is the open sea which should be covered in sea ice.
There is the communications webcam!
Looking north on the slough you can see the berm.
Looking south on the slough is our friendly overflow mess!
Here you can see them stringing the power to the webcam and they were burying the line.
Here are 3 folks who are the communications to the Insider! They keep the show running here.
A little hard to tell but 3 dropped dogs that made it to Unalakleet this morning.
Rakes, shovels, straw, wind berm, all key items for the drop dogs.
The mushers' feed bags are now in place and waiting for the teams to arrive! Pallets of bags that were packed weeks ago.
The get organized and then hauled down as teams come into the checkpoint.
There was a huge crew helping since so many volunteers have been stuck here due to weather and planes/seat availability.
Let's all hope that the name on this last bag will be hitting the arches in Nome FIRST!

















12 comments:
Yes! Go Aliy!!!
Last bag owner, first to Iditarod, I'm with you!
I?m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across
a blog that?s both educative and interesting, and let me
tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
I am very happy I found this in my hunt for something relating to this.
I needed to thank you for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.
I've got you bookmarked to look at new things
you post?
Quality articles is the main to interest the viewers to go to see the website, that's what this web
site is providing.
Woh I your content, saved to bookmarks!
Have you ever considered writing an e-book or
guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same subjects
you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I
know my audience would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
bookmarked!!, I like your website!
Great weblog right here! Also your website lots up fast! What
web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link on your host?
I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
Hey there! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go
ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx!
Just wanted to mention keep up the great job!
That is really attention-grabbing, You are an overly skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and sit up for in search of more of your
great post. Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks!
I?m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your
sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website
to come back down the road. All the best
Post a Comment