Tuesday, March 5, 2019

That can only be one Musher!

I got a text this afternoon as I was getting ready to head out to ski practice, "There are two dog teams lined up on the ski trails."  My response ways, "Thanks. There will soon be skiers there too and thanks for the heads up or is that paws up?!"  This has happened before during Iditarod time.  We have had the Serum Run mushers come through and camp on the trail too.  The start of our ski trails is right across from the Iditarod checkpoint.

I ski out across the slough with a light rain hitting me---urgh!  Yes, rain, we need that cold weather everyone in the lower 48 is complaining about back up where it belongs!  I look over at the two teams staked out and they don't look like the Serum running groups I have seen before.  Then I see the COLOR!!I know it has to be Iditarod Musher Monica Zappa!  Just the nicest gal!  She is so upbeat.  Monica is having a blast running the trail in a nice relaxing touring manner.  She looked great and obviously totally different from when I have seen Monica in the race! 

 Monica's sled which is why I knew it had to be her nothing but colorful!

One of the crew members running the trail with her.  Plus they had one or two snowmachines as well.

What a treat to meet up with #MonicaZappa1 as I have always followed her in the Iditarod.  I can say her personality our shines even her bright colors!

3 comments:

twinsetellen said...

I was thinking yesterday about how I missed seeing her colors on the trail. Thanks for sharing them here!

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

Love your insights and blog. Thank you for first hand reporting.
Ohhhhh you get to meet the stars!!!

Doodlebeck said...

Thanks for letting us rub elbows vicariously with some of our favorite people. Monica and her dogs are great, and so are you for sharing!