Saturday, March 2, 2019

Knitting woolly projects!

I started 2019 buy blocking this sweater that was knitted in Lettlopi yarn.  It was an enjoyable knit and I modified some of the design by Jennifer Steingass.  This sweater is called Telja and is a popular Lopi design.  The toughest part o modify was the neck.  This took some time but was worth the effort.  I like sweaters to have a collar and it was a challenge to get this one to work out.

 
I have fallen a bit into the rabbit hole of mitten knitting this year.  The above mitten is a wonderful knit and I have knitted this pattern before.  Snow Ghost is a design from Whitefish, Montana from my favorite local yarn shop. I decided NOT to knit them in blue and went for a fun bright color I could easily find! I knitted this pair in Rauma Finullgarn yarn.

 
 
I found this pattern on Instagram and loved the bold yet simple old Norwegian design.  The name of this mitten is Malangen Mittens by Jorgen Johnsen.  I want to knit more mittens using this design.  I would change the thumb to a gusset as that is my preferred thumb technique.  I went stash diving and used some worsted weight. This pattern I will be using again with different weight yarns.

One of the great tools for knitting is an iPad.  I love downloading my patterns and being able to keep track of colorwork on this device---great purchase for me!


The next pair of mittens on the needle is this cuter than cute design by Swedish designer Sofia Kammeborn.  The Trondheim pattern has many interesting design features.  I am knitting this pair of mittens for myself and joined the #twtmittenkal2019.