Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Just for fun Photos from the Edge!

The blog has a way with getting out of control i.e. behind the times! I let it go far too long and then I just need to get myself up to date.  Below are photos to get me up to date here in blogger-land!  The ol'photo essay time!

Miss Sadie and I out on the ski trail in Jan.  Skiing on the backcountry touring gear which is really my favorite gear to be on 99% of the time.

The ski crew here!  Adults and dogs all out for a ski meeting up on Top of Picnic Hill. Skier to the far right grew up skiing out here with us and now has a family and the cutest little baby ever---time flies!

Ski practice on the Dragon's Belly side of the Dragon's Back.

Doing what we do skiing!  Cold temps as dogs are in jackets and booties in Jan. On skate gear heading in from ski practice across the tundra.

Skiers on the south end of the Dragon's Back after one of our many storms this year. Looking south across the tundra.

Miss Tally bring it home from a ski out to Picnic Hill.

Ski practice on Picnic Hill after skiing Worm's Wild Ride.

Back in Jan. we did a ski tour on a rather brutal cold day with winds.  We skied up Picnic Hill and down to Picnic for hot drinks, snacks, and a fire!

Heading down to the fire and a well-earned break!

Just one of those wonderful moments that makes you stop for a second and be grateful for all you have in life.

Let's face it if we all did this the world would be a better place!

Miss Sadie: I dropped this photo into an App that makes it into a watercolor painting how cool!

One of our grown-up skiers here during Christmas skiing with us on a typical cold day!  On our Picnic Hill Tour.

Cold, wind, and early setting Jan. sun!  Heading out on our Picnic tour.

Drifts save our lives out here!  We ski on them and we hide behind them!

A nice warm one -30ºF! As I write this we really need a nice cold one for the Iditarod!  

Shoveling snow on the ski trail!  Like normal sane people shovel snow on the tundra so we can ski!  My husband the stellar ski trail groomer!

Oh Frost day I love it when the world looks like this----a sure sign of no WIND!

Miss Tally who is waiting for me during the morning work out---"Are you done yet!?"

Studs on my FatTire Bike and I love them!

Winter sunset . . .

No comments: