Massive chunks of sea ice which shows just how thick this ice can be!
I am hoping to get the fat tire bike down here on the low tide and buss up the beach. There is this sandy stretch for as far as you can see heading north! Normally there would not be open water!
On Thursday of this week, this was all under water. Once again a storm surge from the west pushed water up the river and caused massive overflow. This is the Iditarod's checkpoint in Unalakleet. I post photos of this as we get closer to the 1st racers arrival. I biked down to check the slough for water and whether or not we could have ski practice over on the Dragon's Back.





2 comments:
Hope your weather behaves. Love the updates!!!
It must be really warm with that much water showing. Thanks for the updates!
Post a Comment