I do this all the time . . . I get knitting on some rather large or complicated project and then PROCRASTINATION hits. This procrastination usually strikes when I am getting close to a rather complicated part of the project. Say steeking, or some complicated decrease section. The Fair Isle vest I am presently knitting just had a procrastination lull. I knitted 3 pairs of mittens and joined a test knit on a very interesting hat pattern soon to be released. Ol'Blue was set aside and let me tell you Ol'Blue was not happy about this lull in his becoming a vest! Ol'Blue called out the damn Knitting Trolls. Some of you may have Knitting Gnomes, of Nast Knitting Fairies . . . I have Knitting Trolls. These little buggers love to get into your knitting and reek havoc at all cost! Basically, it is payback time for ignoring Ol'Blue! He called the Trolls in and I will admit I most likely deserved it!
 |
I am all set, Ol'Blue, color chart, good light and off I go knitting around and around. Thinking to myself, "Wow I am making killer progress!" Here is the first mistake I wasn't humble! I think I sent a text and posted a tweet saying how great I am doing and I am kicking butt!
|
In the back of my mind, I kept thinking I am sure I held the blue in my right hand and the gray in my left. I am sure I was carrying my yarn this way. I knitted on, stopped, got some dark chocolate and picked up my knitting . . . WHAT!?
 |
| Can you see what the Knitting Trolls did to me! They led me off into the land of total Trolldom! What the heck had I done . . . those Knitting Trolls tricked me into believing I had the yarn in the correct hands. See the top rounds? This is what happens when you switch how you are holding your color work! Believe me, you will have a totally different looking project! |
 |
Just in case you didn't see it the first time look at the top.
|
I frogged out several rounds (like 10 at least) of 252 sts. Put the blue in my left hand and the gray in my right hand and started knitting again. The damn Knitting Trolls scampered away into some far dark corner of our house to lay waiting for the next golden moment to toss my knitting around and reek total havoc.
2 comments:
I am lost here...
How amazing! First, that you can manage that feat of knitting with both hands and, second, that it made such a big difference. I just pick up and drop yarn with my right hand.
Post a Comment