I have a crew of girls I knit for and they are awesome young gals! I love to knit for them for several reasons. They wear what I knit to the point of wearing the items out. This is not because they are rough they just use what I knit! Like one of them says, "Wool keeps me the warmest!" Many people never ever learn this simple truth! They come up with it itches, it is too hot, it is too difficult to wash . . . like EZ would state (rephrased): "Be glad you weren't born in the middle ages you would never have made it to adulthood!" To me, there is wool and only 100% wool! The girls needed mittens and in about 10 days I knitted up 3 pairs of mittens! I am now pretty sure I have this pattern memorized and could knit a pair of mittens up pretty darn fast if needed.
 |
| Up to the stash for some great Bartlett 100% wool. A small pot f tea, cast-on and time to knit away! |
 |
| Pair #1 . . . |
 |
| Done! |
 |
| Pair #2 |
 |
| Knit Girls at the end of the summer vacation party with fiddles in hand. |
 |
| Solar eclipse in Oregon |
Pair three I guess I didn't take any photos of you! Sorry and the 4th pair I had knitted years ago and never wore them so they went to their equally wonderful mom! Mittens---done & thank you for helping me procrastinate over the Faire Isle Vest I have named Ol'Blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment