Once I made it to Geneva airport it was off to downtown Geneva. One of the biggest issues I have with public transportation of buses, trains and such is actually getting out of the terminal! I think this is due to the fact that this gal who has lived almost all of her life away from large urban areas doesn't have the acquired city skills. Now stick me in the mountains I am all set to go! I made it through customs and got my luggage which was a miracle considering I was on different flights and missed a flight and well . . . a miracle would be the right word.
Before I exited the luggage area one could grab a free ticket which I thought was just for buses but it was for a free train ride to the heart of Geneva. Of course, I had to find the train and figure this all out after traveling forever and in French! This is where living overseas for 12 years was really handy. I am not afraid to talk to anyone! have a fairly decent sense of who to talk to and not to talk to plus good common sense. I see these two gals in their 20s and ask if they speak English well of course they do! They were so nice and helpful! They told me, "Your ticket is for a free train ride as well and to take the train you will be in Geneva in minutes!" They asked where I was going and got on their phones look it up. I took a photo of their phone map. The gals got me on the train as they were riding it as well and off I went. I was there in minutes and then off the train . . . once again I had to figure out to get out of the station and out the right door!
 |
| Flying into Geneva. |
 |
| Technology to the rescue! A big thank you to the two gals who were nice enough to help me out! |
 |
| We woke up to a sunny puffy cloudy morning in Geneva! A breakfast of wonderful chocolate croissants, and good coffee, followed by a walk around the downtown area. Lots of people buzzing off to work on bikes and e-bikes. |
 |
| In the early afternoon, we were on the bus heading to France and Les Houches. leaving behind the city to more hills, wider empty spaces, and into the clouds. |
 |
| Glaciers spilling down mountainsides. |
 |
| Then quaint Les Houches! |
 |
| Smaller hamlets, more agricultural land and steep mountains. This photo was taken from the deck of our hotel. Right before I found my camera a shepherd was bring in his sheep or goats below on a road. It was hard to see the animals due to the dense forset but you could hear their smaller bells. |
 |
| A wonderful salad! One thing the impressed me about food the whole trip was the care and pride in presentation of any food that was being served, and the quality of the food! I would say it was all about slowing down, enjoying the food, and relaxing! |
 |
| A pizza shop and let me say all things were cute, tidy, organized! |
 |
| The start of our trip Part IV! |
No comments:
Post a Comment