This post will be about knitting and then I will have another post on my fall ski travel. For now, let me focus (a rare thing on just one topic) on 100% WOOL!
This is a recent pattern discovery I found on Ravelry Mine is a wonderful slipper pattern designed by Faye Kennington AKA Ukeeknits on Ravelry. Faye has many other wonderfully written and tested patterns. I would certainly recommend checking out her designs. I knitted these slippers using yarn from Schoolhouse Press known as sheepsdown. It is a very bulky yarn. My goal was to use up some of my stash, thus the reason they do not match! I knitted a (9-10) size and my gauge was about 2.5 sts to an inch. I knitted these to be felted. I am happy with the feel and fit----these are really comfy cozy slippers!
A longtime favorite of mine is this baby bootie always a fun relaxing knit and all owners seem to love them. Parents say these are the only booties that stay on their kids' feet.
The Coming Home hat is a fast engaging knit. Just enough in each section to keep the knitter interested and feeling like you are making progress. I knit this hat up in a few nights. This one was knitted in Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn.
This is my Lopi sweater for a fall KAL which is crawling along rather slowly! I am at the point which I need to get all three pieces together and have a little meet and greet! I am suffering from procrastination!!!!!!! Not useless procrastination as I have been knitting a ton of items that I have been selling at the Saturday Market.
Every September I place an order for my Shetland Wool Week Annual. This year I ordered mine from a wonderful online wool shop called The Woolly Thistle. Talk about a wonderful assortment of 100% woolly yarn from Europe and the US! Really if you haven't looked at the online shop please do it is a treat for us 100% woolly yarn folks. Look at this wonderful Norwegian yarn that I ordered with my Shetland Week Annual. COLORS TO DIE FOR!
The two skeins on the bottom of the photo will be knit up into Kate Davies SnawHeid hat. I will not be using the giant pom-pom. That will be replaced with a traditional Nordic tassel. First, I am not a pom-pom person and second, the top has a wonderful colorwork design feature that should be seen! Today the Woolly Thistle posted a gorgeous mitten pattern in the shop's newsletter. I will be ordering more yarn once I get my Lopi sweater off the needles.
Signing off from the tundra! Miss Sadie is 10 years old and still loves to be out and about with us on the tundra. Snow has arrived and we are busy ski touring, setting up snow fences and doing some trail work for the upcoming ski season with our WolfPack Skiers!






No comments:
Post a Comment