
Hats are just a great knitting project! The knitter doesn't have to knit up a matching partner as in socks or mittens. Cast on, knit away, cast off, soak and block and you are ready to go. If you are just learning to knit hats are a great place to practice new techniques and skills. A hat isn't a HUGE project like a sweater. The knitter gets a finished project rather quickly and wa-laaa success!
I recently did a test knit for designer
Linette Grayum who can be found on
Ravelry. LinetteG, as she is known on Ravelry, has a nice collection of designs. For you shawl knitters I would highly recommend stopping by her page to see her designs/patterns. She also has several hat designs as well.
Osceola Reversible Cable Hat
I loved this hat right from the beginning. I learned a new cast on technique that I will certainly be using again. The cable work was a blast to knit, and easy to follow. I did place markers for each cable panel. I always do this or I just plain forget to stop and think about where I am when working either in colorwork or cables. The pattern is well written with space to write notes. I give LinetteG five stars for her Osceola Hat.
 |
| I knitted a small but due to my tension it is a very small small. his hat was given to a wonderful little gal. |
 |
| How cute is this hat! |
 |
| Didn't I say this was a cute hat and look at my stellar model and owner! She will be able to use this hat for some time. |
 |
| Cable work in progress with markers for each panel. |
 |
| Hat #2 that I knit with one size larger needles to get gauge. I am not sure which cable side I like more. |
 |
| Osceola Hat was knitted for this wonderful art teacher, glacier guide,ski coach, bike loving, skijorer, adventurer seeking friend! |
No comments:
Post a Comment