Thursday, November 9, 2017

A Kid who totally Rocks! Inupiaq Whitewater Kayaker in North Carolina



I have been very lucky to know this young athlete for years.  She is a talented skier, climber, kayaker, skijorer, and to top it all off a very humble young person!  I will admit at times I am envious of her lifestyle!  Mallory is a fortunate young gal who has the outdoors at her fingertips! She has great parents who have shared their love and traditions of being outside.

One of the many things I enjoy as a ski coach is getting to know the athletes and their families.  I have lifelong friendships built around outdoor activities.  I treasure these friendships and memories.  I love showing up to some outdoor event where there are longtime outdoor friends.  It just seems like within seconds you are right back to that last adventure or planning a new one without missing a single heartbeat.

I hope to stay friends with Mallory and her family for years to come.  Mallory is maturing into a future guide and she may even take up that profession.  I hope she does!   To Mallory and all those up and coming young outdoor athletes/adventurers who love the wild open spaces: 

Never forget the peace & happiness the outdoors gives to you & keep sharing that love with others!


No comments: