Saturday, November 11, 2017

201st Post!

July 4th Whitefish, Montana
Celebration! Blog Post 201! WOW!  I never ever really thought about writing over 200 posts when I started Wool-n-Ski. I have arrived at this number of posts today.  For a person who is not a strong writer and struggled severely with writing growing up, I have managed to write a lot of posts.

What is next for the blog and the blogger? 

I certainly want to keep blogging.  I often think of moving this blog over to Word Press and I think of this about every 6 mos and then I don't follow through with the migration.  I like blogger it is free, simple, and it let me start Wool-n-Ski.  This is the home I will stay with and I will not place ads on my blog as I find blogs with ads annoying, to say the least.  I understand why people have ads and they are trying to make some $$$.  I give those bloggers credit for figuring out how to make a bit of a living blogging.  No migration to Word Press and no ads for Wool-n-Ski.

What to write about?

I write about my life and sometimes it may be boring but sometimes life is rather slow and not super eventful.  Sometimes there is a lot going on in my world.  Just like all of you sometimes life is rather simple and I do cherish those moments.  I really just write about my life, knitting, reading, cooking, being outside, my dogs, and sometimes my wonderful husband shows up in photos.

What is new in my life?

Not a lot . . . I work and am thinking more and more about when I might leave the classroom and move on to a less stressful position.  I have a bit of an idea and a plan but will keep that to myself.  

I also want to start drawing and sketching using pencil and ink and some watercolor tossed into the mix.  I will be using a cartoon book. I heard about this book from a famous fiber artist to start this sketching journey on a more serious note.  


Unspun Icelandic Wool: Lopi for one of "My Knit Girls."
Knitting, of course, is something I will always keep developing.  I just finished a cute Lopi sweater for one of "My Knit Girls."  This sweater was knitted up in unspun Icelandic which I describe as knitting with cotton candy.  I find this fiber rather addictive!

The sock/slipper test knit from Unspun Icelandic Wool.
I am also working on a felted slipper sock out of unspun as well.  I have a lot of this fiber and need to find some more uses for it!  Once my Carraig-Fhada Vest is done, which means I need to pick it up and start knitting it again, I will move on to my Norwegian!  

My Norwegian sweater is based on these buttons which I bought some years back.  I found these buttons online and then had to find a place to purchase these vintage ski buttons.  I tracked them down and purchased enough for myself and a dear ski friend of mine.  The theme for My Norwegian will be my love of Nordic skiing and snow.

The top button is an Alpine skier. The lady I purchased these buttons from just sent me a few of these in my order along with a few snowflake buttons.  The bottom button is my Nordic cross-country skier.  This button is the button I am designing my  Norwegian sweater around.


Ski Season!

Enough Said!
I am looking forward to skiing and was able to get 4 days skiing in October.  

Current crap-o-la!
Then the weather warmed up, we had rain, ice, mud returned, the
ice melted in the slough, and generally rather gross typical late October early November weather.  Today it is supposed to be +37ºF and yesterday it was +12ºF at one point.  I am hoping once we make it through today the temps will drop, the slough freezes up, and we can have winter!  I am extremely happy with my knee's progress since I had surgery in July.

Gratitude Journal 

My dear friend Lynn, asked me to join in with her and her daughter to keep a Gratitude Journal.  I am keeping this as a combine sketch & writing journal.  The goal is to come up with 1,000 things to be grateful for in your life.  I started stating the obvious things one should be grateful for but not to be taken lightly.  For example, the obvious things are life, great health, family, and friends . . . I wanted to move on to the little things that are unique and surprise you.  These little sparks in your day that give you that sensation of gratitude that make the moment or day.

No comments: