Last night while I was yarning, I realized I am no longer in love with a project (Carraig-Fhada Vest, AKA Ol'Blue). I stopped knitting and sent a text to my dear yarning friend and told her I hate this @#$@$##%$%^ project and I think it is time to frog it. She did suggest setting it aside. Which I had already done. Then she said well couldn't you just EZ (Elizabeth Zimmermann) it and make it work . . . thinking a bit about this other than I would have to purl to do colorwork. H m m m m . . . .
I basically have bailed on the present "yarning" project and decided to return to the roots of my "yarning" that would be the traditional Norwegian sweater or an Icelandic Lopi. I just mailed off a Lopi that I just finished to one of "My Knit Girls." I haven't had a Norwegian on my needles for some time!
Yes, I have been "YARNING" a lot lately!
I basically have bailed on the present "yarning" project and decided to return to the roots of my "yarning" that would be the traditional Norwegian sweater or an Icelandic Lopi. I just mailed off a Lopi that I just finished to one of "My Knit Girls." I haven't had a Norwegian on my needles for some time!
![]() |
| This is the repaired and Wool Washed sweater from the previous post Proud Auntie. The sweater came out great and is back on a very Knit Worthy younfggal. |
![]() |
| Felted slipper/sock, unspun Icelandic Wool: this was an experiment which came out pretty good. I would make the cuff a bit taller next time and knit the next pair with a single strand of unspun. |
| Lopi on its new owner! She is thrilled with it and I am thrilled as it fits! I kept thinking it would be too small. I knitted this as an EZ percentage system and of course, it fits perfectly. I will have another photo of her outside with her new Lopi. |
![]() |
| I have been ordering some yarn to experiment with for a few sweaters for ME! This yarn is from Schoolhouse Press and is Briggs and Little. I have knitted this yarn several times and as people say today it is rustic. For me, it is real yarn that stands the test of time and only becomes better as it is used! |
![]() |
| The morning I was asked if I am "YARNING!" Tea is always a must during the work day and a bit of yarn for the creative juices. |
![]() |
| I called in the Norwegians to help me plan for my next sweater for me! I often design as I knit. I love looking at different motifs as I create with yarn on my needles. |
![]() |
| This is a long time favorite of mine and one of the most knitted Norwegian sweaters. Designed by Stein Eriksen's mother. |
![]() |
| Stein Eriksen in his famous sweater the Marius design. |
![]() |
| Stein Eriksen ski legend! |
![]() |
| Yarn from Bartlett Yarns which is produced in Maine in a very old mill. I love their simple yarns and their rich wooliness! |
![]() |
| In the end, I knitted a speed swatch which I learned from Knitting With Two Colors. This is a Norwegian motif I was just testing the color combo I will be knitting for my sweater. A great source for color work is Mary Jane Mucklestone's books. |
![]() |
| Waving good-bye a frozen starfish on our beach. In the fall we often have hundreds of starfish on the beach frozen in time. |
Yes, I have been "YARNING" a lot lately!


















2 comments:
Yes you have!
My, you have been busy! What exactly is the problem with the vest? I'm not clear how far you had got with it before you hit a problem. I can tell you that there is nothing to fear in purling stranded colourwork - you just need to keep an eye on the chart as you can't just read the knitting in the usual way.
Post a Comment