Monday, October 9, 2017

Gear!

We live in a fairly good size place when you consider it is teacher housing in rural Alaska.  Don't get me wrong it is a million times better than our first place here in the village.  I appreciate the housing we have it is clean and was new 10 years ago.  We are the only ones who have lived in it!  As the season turns to colder temperatures the gear becomes a bit of an issue.  When you deal with temperatures that can go anywhere from 32ºF to minus 45ºF in no time at all and this is not wind chill . . . you tend to have a lot of gear!  I often feel a bit like I live in the early locker room stage of my life and the gear was just decorations.  Now at almost 58, I guess I still live like this still . . . I can never tell if that is a good thing or not.  I go to friends houses and they are all rather neat and tidy.  I would say our place is really pretty functional for us but still, there is gear all over the place!  We do spend a good amount of time outside. Just getting in our place there are skis, poles, packs, dog harnesses, boots, rain gear, wind shells, and various jackets for different usages.  Once inside there are boots . . . ski boots.  Then the endless supply of hats, mittens, gloves, goggles . . . GEAR!

Skis, pole, dog leashes . . . we feel no one can have enough skis!

Packs, dog gear, our gear . . .

Coats, jackets, rain gear . . . none of the serious down jackets yet! 

Hanging LLbean storage unit which is really great for storing hats, gloves, mittens, cleats for ice . . . 
SNOW update: Oct. 9th, 2017 first snow on southern peaks that border the Yukon River!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

LannieK said...

I can only imagine the amount of gear! I have enough for our Colorado winters ~ Lookd vry tidy and organized! Yep ~ 1st snow here in the forest Oct 9th, too!
Happy Wool Season is here!