Friday, October 20, 2017

13 Weeks Later----Day 1 on Skis!

13 weeks ago today I was just out of knee surgery for a torn meniscus.
Today, I was on snow, on my skis, on my beloved tundra, ski touring! 

The Girls and I on the tundra for a late afternoon ski. The ground is mostly frozen and the skiing was pretty darn wonderful! Day 1 of the ski season.  The goal is always 100 days but I always have another secret higher number as well to attain.

13 weeks ago Nurse Sadie and I at home in Montana hours after surgery. 
My fresh tracks on the way to The Refugio for my a.m. 5 days a week physical therapy workouts.  I have been diligent as can be to my workouts!  At times it has been frustrating and painful, but I never gave up once!


All my PT workouts enabled me to bush-wack through that crap on my skis today!

Late afternoon sub-Arctic sun . . . I love it!
Miss Tally with her stick waiting for the go-ahead to chase down her boy off in the distance.


Our Cadillac--LOL!  the 4-wheeler.  The Girls loaded up and ready to head home! 

Christian loading gear so we can head back tot he village.
I love tundra cruising as I call it.  Most of you will look at the photos and think "Gosh you ski on that crud!"  You know it and if I have learned anything in my soon to be 12 years of working and skiing out here you never ever take anything for granted!

I am just over the top happy and grateful to be back on skis again!  I can thank the great surgeon I had as well as the wonderful staff at Whitefish Therapy & Sport Center in Montana.  The two therapists I worked with there were amazing!  I will be curious to see what skate skiing will be like on my knee.  After today skiing, I think I will be able to return to all my normal ski activities this winter.

1 comment:

shandy said...

Oh, well done, Nancy! This must be down to you keeping up the exercise routine. I so agree with you about the benefits of being outdoors. We really enjoy a bit of heavy work on our allotment at this time of year.