Thursday, June 15, 2017

Travels

I recently was over in Washington and was visiting family.  I had a wonderful little visit with my niece and her family.  They have been living off the grid and recently moved into a local fun, cool, and groovy community.  The visit was just perfect as I was able to see all their efforts in action.

I loved being surrounded by huge trees and the various shades of GREEN!  I miss trees during our school year in the north.

Foxglove is such a pretty flower and the colors are brilliant!

Sweater girls---These are my very knit worthy grand nieces.  They live in their knitted items and I love to knit for them.

I was able to enjoy some great violin music.  My niece and her husband make sure their girls are exposed to a wide variety of activities in the both the arts and outdoor skills.

From trees and foothills too . . .

the beach. We all had fun exploring . . . 

More violin tunes . . .

and yet more . . .

This wonderful person is back in Montana for another summer of fun and R & R. Part of the reason I was in WA was to retrieve her some Montana time with her Aunt and Uncle.

For those of us who live in Alaska and order a lot of "things" from Amazon here is the black hole of mail: Federal Way!  UGH!  How I always dread when I track packages and find it sitting in Federal Way.  Packages get stuck in Federal Way for what seems like decades at times.  I never knew it was an actual town.  I just figured it was some black hole in the shipping world and its main goal was to make people in rural Alaska suffer ridiculous wait times for their packages!

No comments: