Tuesday, May 15, 2018

On & Off The Knitting Needles (old post that needed photos 4/27/18)

This post was started April 27, 2018, and I am updating it NOW!

I bought an iPad and I am trying to see how to make blogger and iPad be friends and communicate with each other one word: CHALLENGING! Ok, let’s see if this will work!

Knitting! Let's talk about knitting for a bit.  Although I have been the crazy ski coach of rural Alaska, I have been knitting while traveling Back and forth to ski races.  I am working on a pair of socks that I should have gone down a needle size for, but of course, I  didn't.  I am not in love with the floppy feel of the gauge or the yarn as I know it will pill up.  I am hoping once I toss the finished socks into the dryer the yarn will blossom and snug up a bit.


Socks in Malabrigo sock yarn.

The next knitted item off the needles is another hat for my sister.  I had some superwash German yarn in a bright pink.  I know she will enjoy the color and hat style.  I knitted a favorite hat design of mine the Coming Home Hat.  I have knitted a few of these hats and enjoy the texture and design elements.  The Coming Home Hat is designed by Aimee Alexander of PDS Sheep.  Her patterns are tested knitted, have a nice layout that allows for easy reading and space for notes if you like to jot down ideas/notes as you work.

Flying to ski races on our school district plane!



The finished hat which came out great and my sister loves it as well!

I am test knitting another of Aimee's designs.  I will update this once the pattern is published.  Let me say it would be a great design/pattern for a beginner cable knitter.

Loch Lomond Hat
Next but not last is Solstice which has been tucked away once the Iditarod and Spring Break rolled into my life, followed by ski racing.  This is my major work for the winter.  I am working on the neck area. I really need to get this figured out pronto! Then, I can finish the colorwork on the upper sleeves.

No comments: