A random photo essay of springtime here on the tundra, closing my full-time teaching career, food, and getting ready for HOLIDAY time!
Food: I have always been interested in eating good food. I also have very little willpower! As I have aged this willpower has increased as I have not eaten wheat for years now. I am eating far better than ever. I recently bought into the Food Revolution Summit but John and Ocean Robbins. I have enjoyed learning about their approach to food and healthy living. They have an organization that is set up to educate us all about eating better. Basically, it is organic, plant-based diet no meat or very little. My summer experiment will be exploring this lifestyle of eating more veggies, fruit (this is easy), beans, far smaller quantities of meat. Above are the boxes of produce that are flown into the village from Alaska Food Network. You can choose a mixed or organic and non-organic and produce from Alaska. As you can see a lot of us out here order food from them weekly.
Here is a bit of spring from last week. Nice and dreary wet snow just dumping! Mud and grit my least favorite ground coverage with 8 dog paws!
One of the early tundra flowers I will find the name of this early spring flower.
Last night dinner arrived! Two of these beauties were brought to us by our wonderful neighbor. He always shares some of his families subsistence lifestyle with us. Brown King Crabs—so yummy you hardly need to dip the meat in butter!
I love grilled veggies! I have recently started to roast chickpeas to add to salads and they are wonderful! These grilled veggies were served on a bed of steamed kale.
I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe from Bob’s Red Mill and they came out great! Almond flour, maple syrup, egg whites really helped this recipe.
An early morning dog walk just before 5 a.m. looking north across Norton Sound towards Blueberry Hills.
Haha my Miss Sadie with a tail LOL!
The inside of the produce box oh so yummy!
Evening dog walk on the beach which is looking nice and clean for this time of the year.
This is the plant known locally as Ayuu. In the rest of the world, it is known as Labrador Tea.
Flowers what a treat! Soon I will be back in the land of flowers and color.
Tough day here in dog land by the looks of snuggle time.
Classroom art . . . The last few weeks of school have been relaxed with no pressure of testing and data farming just kids and me having fun!




















No comments:
Post a Comment