I often think of the colors I see up here in the north. Why? This sunrise this morning has gone from pink to orangy pink-----how the heck has that color combo come together! This time of the year we get some dramatic sunrises and sunsets. It is not a fast set or rising at all but very long and drawn out.
Colors outside as I look out the window are mud brown! Dirty snow---who likes dirty snow---gross! Not me! Icey puddles. Brown dusty grasses. The beach is sandy brown with dirty snow and ice. It is littered with carcasses: caribou, moose, starfish/sea stars, belugas, seals, soon birds . . . around all of these obstacles are grey sun-bleached driftwood logs and stumps.
Soon there will be pink flowers popping up on the tundra they are the first to arrive. After they start to arrive is when we usually depart for the south. This year this will be rather epic due to the shutdown and the school district trying its best to get teachers out of villages . . . this will be a post for another time once we do make it out!
Our days are under a hugely rich deep blue northern latitude sky. I have been skiing a bit and I did get to day 100 which was rather epic. I posted photos of that on IG. Since that fiasco, I skied two more days on the beach which was far easier skis. Contrasts of white snow and blue sky make you think you might be in the tropics HA LOL!
PS---I have no idea why the blog can not have the same font . . . it has been doing this since I started writing again! Yes, I know it is happening and NO, I don't know how to fix it so let us enjoy the weirdness. I want it to be that more relaxed font in the 2nd half but oh well!
1 comment:
Just catching up on your posts. I thought you had disappeared to IG for good and all. How does the virus crisis look from where you are? Because we live in a rural village and the weather has been warm and dry this year, it is often hard to believe that there is a real pandemic out there.
Post a Comment