Monday, April 6, 2020

Isolation, Food, Snow, & Life goes on!

Here I am writing from my dining room table as no table would ever fit in the kitchen in teacher housing EVER!   The wind is still blowing in the mid-20mph range, it is +10ºF out there with a bit of a wind chill. Yeap, it is April 6th and I have shoveled, worked out in the Refugio (as I call it—the ski room), ran a few errands on foot NOT the fat tire bike, make some food up and had lunch.  The biggest news in the damn this is exciting stuff here is 3 yes THREE of the piles of Nancy’s crap have been organized, crap tossed out or put in their correct location.  Nothing is earth-shattering here life just goes on . . . I will admit I am feeling isolated here now more than I ever have felt.  I am not coaching right now, nor am I subbing. I am skiing when there isn’t a storm or overflow on the slough.  Right now we are at the tail end of a storm or at least it had better be the tail end, there is water on the slough.  I already checked out the slough and I would say I can get around it no problem.  Skiing will happen later today.
 I fried up some mushrooms and red onion.  Then I added red peppers and broccoli to this mix cooked until tender.

The above veggies were added to sweet potato and white potatoes that had been boiled and mashed.   I will warm these up in a bowl for lunch or breakfast, make into potato cakes and fried up——you get the idea!  Add whatever seasons you like or even cheese.  I am not eating much dairy these days so that is off my plate.  I used coconut milk when I mashed the potatoes up before adding the cook veggies.

For those of you really smart readers which I know each of you are as I would only have the smartest and brightest ever followers——yes the photos should have been rotated but they aren’t so be a bit forgiving. Plus if they were in the correct order wouldn’t have that been a nice touch!

Honestly some blogs are so polished and perfect in every way.  Those who know me in real life would never ever used the words polished and perfect to describe me!  I am not trying to make $$$ on the ol’Blog, nor am I trying to capture a zillion readers . . . I just blog and sometimes it is better than others  . . . Since I haven’t been blogging in months I need to stumble around a bit to get my S**** together again.  

Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment if you are up for it!

No comments: