Friday, February 23, 2018

A GOLDEN DREAM COMES TRUE!

I woke this morning like all workday mornings.  I come downstairs, get the dog food ready, take the girls out for their morning duties, feed the girls, pour my organic coffee, sit down at my computer, check email and then occasionally I go to FB or Twitter for updates.

THERE IT WAS DIGGINS AND RANDALL: The GOLDEN LADIES OF NORDIC SKIING!

Tears of joy ran down my face!  Sappy maybe but these ladies deserve every tear they have dedicated their lives to this goal, with focused consistent determination. Kikkan and Jessi are both positive role models to young girls.  

Their faces say it all a dream come through for the US ladies!  Photo from: Nordic Nation Foundation

USA on top of the scoreboard!  Photo from: Nordic Nation Foundation
A few great articles on the Women's Golden Moment:

Bill Koch's thoughts on US GOLD!

John Caldwell's look at US women's Nordic ski history