WIPs, WHAT? In knitting we have a lot of little acronyms for our art form. WIPs are "Work(s) In Progress" and as knitters
all at once they must be done! This August and early September was a forced knit in getting things DONE! It worked!
or I should say many of us knitters have far too many of these works in progress floating or hidden around. I for one am classic for starting all kinds of projects and
 |
| Central Ave. Hats were well received and are now being enjoyed by this very knit worthy group. |
The
Kokkeluri Mittens are now done and waiting to be worn in our first snow! I really enjoyed knitting these even though I got off to several very rough starts.
Kate's yarn is a treat with an amazing hand and rich Scottish colors.
 |
| They were not worn during our 1st snow but yesterday we had ice on puddles, frozen ground, northern lights dancing around . . . they went on the morning Tank Farm walk. |
This project has been on my needles far too LONG! I finally worked my short rows over my butt and have a pair of tights. The design is from
Elizabeth Zimmermann one of my all time very favorite knitters ever. The yarn I used is a DK
superwash from Knit 'N Needle in Whitefish, Montana. These will be used as a layer on our very cold sub-zero days this winter skiing or for hang out in after a bitter ski.
 |
| I wanted something colorful to look as my world becomes a bit monochrome during the winter months. |
 |
| They still need elastic for the waist and a nice warm bath and time on the blocking board. |
1 comment:
Wonderful! Always makes for a sense of accomplishment!
And I love the long johns!
Post a Comment