Friday, June 28, 2019

Migration South, & Almost summer

It is that time of the year where my location changes and we do the reverse migration southward.  It is now late spring down here and we are raining our way to the summer solstice.  Rain is wonderful and the more the better after the summers of fires here in the west the last few years.  The world here is green and lush as can be with all the shades of fresh new green plant life.

*******************************************************************
A pause for a comment and then on with this post:  

I have had a lot of comments and they have been a bit strange.  Some of these I have deleted. I set the security and posting comments to a higher level.  I am being followed by a rather unsavory site.  At this point, I am not sure if I will keep the blog up and running, move it to Wordpress, or just move on to Instagram only for photos.  Currently, I am really enjoying IG as a social media platform choice.  I am finding sitting down with a journal pencil, pen, and colored pencils far more rewarding.  How much does one need to have out there in the world about one's self?  Is it that important to go on, blab about one's world, and the comments that really bother me is "everyone shows off showing the best of their world and their lives aren't really like this or that!"  This is my life and it is like this so there!  Has the blog and I outgrown each other . . . is it time to move on or to make the blog completely private . . . 
********************************************************************

And now back to the post!

As many of you know returning to a land of green and flowers bursting out is always a treat for me coming off the tundra.  Our drive down was great.  We stop at two hot springs and really enjoyed those breaks.  We came down the Alcan (Alaska Highway) which we haven't done in a few years and that was nice to drive.  I will admit I prefer the Cassiar Highway over the Alcan.  Less traffic, mellower driving, a bit faster, nice campgrounds, no oil fracking, and stunning scenery abound on this drive.

We have been up to our usual stuff: planting flowers, yard work, visiting friends, some guests, Farmers Market, hiking, biking, paddling, and plain just loving life!

Photos below are not exactly in chronologic order keep that in mind when looking them over. Many of these photos were posted on IG (Instagram).  I try to figure out how to add the IG link to follow me there.  My account is private, you will have to ask for permission to follow me and I will need to approve the request.  This means if I am not sure who you are or if I don't care for your "stuff" on IG I won't follow you or if you don't seem legitimate.  Hey, it is my site I can do what I want just like you can do what you want enough said!

Flowers planted and a great mix of color.

Haskap berries and we recently picked them all the night before the hail see below.


Dog ice cream!  They love it!

My local yarn shop moved as they are rebuilding the shop.  It is now in a very cute little spot just up the road from their old location.

Moss/lichen and me sooooo green!

Back on the lake in the Hurricane a great boat!

Bliss being home!

Recent visitors on the Whitefish Trails.

Cute fun creative girls!

This one stayed with us and we had a blast boating!

Kootney Falls on the way to drop off our grand-niece.

June 27th we had hail about 6:00 a.m.!


Drive south and camping away! 

Training hike more on this in a later post.

My 1st bike ride home on one of my favorite routes.


Bear Grass must be in Montana!

Tally and her boy!

Nice bear poop as opposed to bad bear poop! LOL!

Lake paddle

Goofballs!

A wonderful boat I love!

You can see new boots where needed!  UGH! 
 
Haines Junction Village Bakery always a stop and always a treat!

Enjoying our trip camping along heading south.


Breakfast before hitting the days drive.


Wide open road 

Always a nice spread when traveling with us!


Hot Springs a well-earned soak!


Yummy!

Good bye to a well-worn map of western Canada.

Nothing like BC campgrounds!


A favorite dog swimming spot!


These license plates are always fun to see!

Cinnamon Roll treat

One of the many black bears we saw this year.

Nice door pull on a Tony Horton's.

We always stop here and just love this place.  One year we will be here to ski!



Camp fire bliss!


Mount Robson

Ice Field Parkway views




Wildlife count

Storefront of local Whitefish yarn shop!

Bear grass is really nice this year


Making Chia Seed Jam which by the way is wonderful!

One mitten almost done!

Haskap and raspberry crisp

Cooking lessons

Time spent with the scientist.

Hail

We picked about 10 quarts of haskap before the storm arrived!

June is now posted and up to date.  I will try to find the tool to link to IG and add it to the blog.  Enjoy and have a great summer and make sure you get outside as much as possible to enjoy your world!





No comments: