Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dear Followers!

I went into my comments and saw a handful of comments I hadn't published or noticed Gosh----my apologies to you all!  ooops!  There were a few questions as well.

No traffic jams at all on our drive south or north. Once in a while, we have to wait for road construction work.  We just drive. When we hit a town or a city then we have a few red lights to deal with, but we just drive along through stellar country.


Rain, sad to say we did have a good amount of rain in June.  Since leaving Montana and now being up here in Alaska.  Glacier Park has had several lightning strikes and these strikes have started devasting fires.  July was very dry and towards the end of July, temperatures started to get hotter as well.

Golden Milk is made from turmeric and is a bit of an acquired taste. However, turmeric has many wonderful properties for overall health. I make it with either coconut milk or almond milk without sugar, but I will add just a bit of date syrup or maple syrup to sweeten it up only slightly. I find I just feel good the next day and it helps my joints.

This is the brand I am currently using but you can make it yourself as well.  Think of the flavor if Indian rice!  Then you should also add ground black pepper which helps to absorb more of the health benefits.  

From a basic internet search:  A warm, healing beverage also known as turmeric tea, golden milk has natural anti-inflammatoryantioxidantanti-arthritic, and anti-cancer benefits, among others . . .

Link to Wikipedia with more information.


1 comment:

thecrazysheeplady said...

I keep missing comments too now that they don't email each comment to me. I've tried looking in the settings to see if I can change that back to the old way, but I'm not seeing it. Very frustrating and stupid as I automatically post comments so there were several spam comments that I didn't know about until I deliberately looked for them. Grrrr...