Summer! Nothing like being outside and enjoying the fun of summer under Montana's Big Sky! Summer flies by for us as our time in Montana is limited. There is so much I love about our time down south! The evening stars, family & friends, BBQing, hiking, biking, swimming, paddling, being home, the porch, yard, flowers . . . the list is endless really. Other things I love is my favorite coffee shop, bookstore, Community Library, being able to walk around a small town, and of course the farmers market
(these things I can not do in the village).
(I deleted my facebook account more photos will be posted here instead of the dreaded "WasteBook!" for now.)
 |
| A longtime favorite easy hike west of town. |
 |
| Lupine Lake |
 |
| Lupine Lake |
 |
| Miss Tally always ready for the stick! |
 |
| Hike up Stahl Peak to the fire lookout. |
 |
| No longer in use but the old fire lookout still stands. |
 |
| Christian and his girl Tally or is it Tally and his boy Christian. |
 |
| Miss Intense Sadie! Such a beautiful girl! |
 |
| Sadie always just lays right down in any water she can find while out with us. One worn out girl who had a blast this day! |
 |
| Family reunion time in the wonderful Skalkaho Pass area. At one time there was 21 people and 18 dogs who all got along! |
 |
| My wonderful FIL who loves his time outdoors! He has done everything a smoke jumper in Alaska, ski instructor, ski patrol, kayaker of big water, hiker, trials bike rider, builder, there is nothing he can't do! |
 |
| Cooling off and I mean cooling off brrr! |
 |
| Christian was braver than me as he actually sat in the creek for a bit! |
 |
| I could live there forever I am sure! |
 |
| On our drive to the family reunion we hit a dry area and yes there could be rattlesnakes. |
Recently
Hurricane Kayaks came into our lives. We purchased
Skimmer 140 and we LOVE our new boats!
 |
| Sadie is an 82-pound dog and she can ride in this boat easily! |
 |
| A great paddling kayak even in the lake with wind and boat wakes from every direction. |
 |
| Paddling Bliss! |
 |
| Tally is lighter in weight and Christian is larger than me and the Skimmer performs wonderfully! |
 |
| Hiking with some wonderful friends! Interestingly enough both of these ladies are creative artist. I wish some of their talents would rub off on me! I taught with Lynn in Alaska and we get together every year for a visit. |
 |
| Theresa is a long time friend we ski, hike, bike, paddle, knit, garden, cook, read--you name it--there is a constant exchange of ideas all the time! |
 |
| Huckleberries along the trail! |
 |
| The girls love their ice cream! |
 |
| Some of you know Christian has a thing for berries. On the left, we have our new blueberries and on the right our Goumi Berries. The Goumi Berries are an unusual fruit but they do taste great! |
 |
| We think this may be the largest cedar on the Whitefish Trail system. |
 |
| Ok, I will say it here, "I am working on a kids fiction picture book!" |
 |
| I have discovered a new yarn shop which I just love! The Woolly Thistle specializes in yarns from the UK and Europe. This Léttlopi yarn will be used for a Lopi sweater for me in a KAL sponsored by The Woolly Thistle starting in late August. |
 |
| Recently, I needed to get a grip on a guest and opted for some inspiration from the Dalai Lama. It was successful and certainly helped me. |
 |
| Grilling away veggies and pork. |
 |
| Is that one of the most beautiful cauliflowers ever! |
 |
| A new nightly tradition is a cup golden milk on the porch by candlelight. A great way to end the day and to feel great the next day. |
1 comment:
And what is golden milk exactly? It certainly sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment