Sunday, December 24, 2017

Wool . . . Knitting Update!

Mittens! Who doesn't love a great pair of hand-knit mittens? I just knitted up a wonderful pair of mittens from this book: Norwegian Mittens and Gloves, by Annemor Sundbø.  I added my own twist to the thumbs as I love a hidden message.  I used Bartlett Sport weight yarn in a rich blue called "Corn Flower" and "Light Sheep Gray."  Bartlett yarns would be described by many as "rustic." I use the Spanish word "ganas" meaning balls however to me it means tough, workhorse yarn that once blocked blooms into a great "hand" a term us knitters of 100% wool get!  This is a yarn that will stand the test of time. It has a great price point for the quantity and quality of yarn you receive.  I have been knitting with this yarn in a variety of weights over the years and it is a favorite of mine.

Mitten #1 on needles and chart highlighted to keep me on track.
I did added two rounds after the ribbing for a bit more length.

Mitten #1 off needles and the fit is perfect.
Mitten #2 on needles with the dark nights/days as we head into the Solstice.

Mittens are done and looking forward to thumbs.

Palm sides and this is when I thought, "I don't really want to knit that palm pattern any more time for a secret personal tough message!"

Done!  Ends need to be woven in and mittens are off for a nice warm wool wash bath!

No comments: