The reverse migration north was great this year as we drove a different route. This year we took the Cassiar Highway north. What a treat! What amazingly beautiful country. We drove this way due to all the fires in BC, Canada. I am so glad we made this route change this year. Poor BC is still burning up---British Columbia is nothing but beautiful! I really truly feel for all the families that are suffering through these fires.
I thought driving would work out with my knee, but I did find it pretty rough and challenging. I had a lot of discomfort from sitting and then getting in and out of a tent. Knee surgery and camping is a challenge. My PTs did teach me how to get in and out of a tent. The combination was a bit rough.
My knee is doing great though and this week which is week four after surgery has been a big leap forward. Tomorrow will be the start of week five! My knee is feeling stronger, the discomfort level is lower, and my PT exercises are really helping me heal/recover.
Photos from the journey north and not in order. I would like to get this post posted!
 |
| Tent life and camping with the Kindle which is just about perfect in my world. |
 |
| The start of the Cassiar from south to north. |
 |
| Tally needing a dip to cool off along the road. |
 |
| There are several great campgrounds on lakes on the Cassiar. I loved this spot and could have stayed for a few days if I had a kayak to explore the lake with! |
 |
| Really can you beat BC campgrounds--NO! |
 |
| Look at these tropical waters! Once again water gal Tally loving the swim! |
 |
| This is the fire just over the pass from Radium, Hot Springs and yes it was that close to the road earlier int he day. |
 |
| The line up of cars waiting to be lead down the road as the fire was roaring here! |
 |
| The fire just exploding! |
 |
| Just to give you an idea of the magnitude of the fire. |
 |
| We drove through fire smoke hazy for days! |
 |
| It is tough traveling! |
 |
| Enjoying another of BC's wonderful campgrounds! |
 |
| The southern entrance to the Cassiar Highway. |
 |
| Cassiar Highway, narrow, mellow, and very enjoyable with great views! |
 |
| Single lane wooden bridge |
 |
| Chef Christian in camp preparing another great meal! |
 |
| My knee did give me some grief driving. I really don't recommend knee surgery and 2,500 miles of car travel. |
 |
| "The Girls" . . . Are we there yet? |
 |
| Dead Man Lake Glutten Free Pizza |
 |
| We all sleep in our tent together which we all seem to love! |
 |
| UGH--the knee! |
 |
| After Costco . . . we are buying far less these days as we don't eat gluten and we can order more on Amazon all the time. We only buy a bit of TP to use for packing. We order more through the year as someone always will ask. |
 |
| Packing up the totes to take to the post office to ship up to the village. |
 |
| The airport ritual . . . I have the dogs and bags as Christian drops off our rig for storage. Once we are all in the airport \we check in and hope our flight will be on time, and not affected by weather. |
We are back in the village and ready for another school year . . . actually, we just completed the first week of school!
1 comment:
What a trip!
Post a Comment