I will be honest this has been a rather crappy winter here in Alaska. We have not had much snow, stormy weather, or anything that is wintery. We have been skiing on a 1.25K loop 98% of the time. How the kids manage to think this is fun is beyond me and how I manage to maintain skiing as fun is beyond me as well!
REALLY going around a snow fence since December and it is now March . . . I give us all a lot of credit!
Back in December I took one of our older skiers an alumni into World Jr. Trials for Biathlon in Anchorage. This was a big time race for this small time coach but we did have a blast. Aly did very well and has made huge growth working in a more formal program with skiers her age/level.
I have always considered a ski program successful if once the skiers leave the program that still ski on some level. I am glad to see several of our skiers still skiing.
Here are some photos from the Trials:
 |
| Aly on day one and please note the snow in the background. Anchorage had far less snow than us. |
 |
| Day three of racing and we all felt like we were trying to out race the disappearing snow coverage. Mind you this a mixture natural and man made snow. |
 |
| A few of my coaching cohorts! A great group to work with and always helpful! |
 |
| On the range sighting rifles . . . |
No comments:
Post a Comment