A new year is always a fun place to start with fresh ideas, goals and challenges. I love a new beginning, a fresh slate, a chance to move on and leave other items/issues behind.
What I am hoping for is a winter full of snow and already this seems to be a struggle--dang! We have had temps in the mid to high 30s and how can that be even fair when we live in Alaska.
A bit of a 2015 wrap up here and on to 2016!
Knitting:
This year I knitted these 3 lovely gals each a sweater and a hat. Two of them received Tomtens. After knitting two of these great designs my EZ, I decided enough and jumped into a Lopi design for grand niece #3 sweater. I have fallen back in love with Lopi designs once again. All sweaters were knitted with
Rangely Yarn from Schoolhouse Press. This yarn is not a Lopi yarn but worked great in the
pattern I choose for this project.
 |
| This pattern is found on Ravelry and is written by: Sarah Dearne the pattern is called Blossi Icelandic lopi sweater/lopapeysa. |
 |
| Rangeley Yarn From Schoolhouse Press. This yarn is for the adult sweater I am presently knitting. |
Winter Solstice Ski:
We have not been able to do our Winter Solstice Ski or Full Moon ski the last few years due to timing or weather. This year we were able to get a Solstice head lamp ski in complete with fire, hot chocolate and hot cider. We had a huge turn out and a lot of fun on skis.




We say good-bye to the shortest amount of daylight for the year here in Unalakleet, 4 hours and 16 minutes! We welcome back the daylight slowly. Our days are already increasing to 18 more minutes of daylight.
Skiing!
We are back to full on skiing. I get in 6 practices a week as long as we can cross the slough to get to the Dragon's Back.
 |
| Elementary skiers |
 |
| Alumni back for some training commuting on their hot wheels! |
 |
| My coaching partner in crime from Nome and I at the World Jr. Youth/Jr Biathlon Team Trials in Anchorage last week. Notice their vanishing snow! |
 |
| Here I am home on the range zeroing rifles! |
 |
| My skier who I was able to join for this event. Aly did a fantastic job racing at this level! |
|
|
|
|
Good Bye 2015 & Hello 2016!
No comments:
Post a Comment