Since moving photos around can be a bit of a hassle I will leave these at the top of this post and then just carry on!
![]() |
| ahhh bliss snow! |
![]() |
| Sadie, my girl, and I making the best of challenging ski season . . . rumor has it some white stuff should be falling soon. |
I really enjoy writing blog posts and learning how to do this antiquated thing called "blogging" as more and more people just use the current social media sites. I find this little world of blogging relaxing and actually more mine than the social media world.
What has been going on since my last post in 2013 . . . well winter! Winter for us this is the busiest time of the year! We try to do our best working full time and running a very fun and successful ski program. We love skiing with the skiers out here and have a blast! Our ski season is long and full of challenges but as a team we make it through the challenging weather conditions and keep skiing.
Knitting: I seem to be knitting up a storm in the small project department. Let this be a lesson to you all-----PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU ARE A KNITTER! Just because you buy a yarn, and then really don't like the yarn, and as you are knitting with the yarn IT is fine to SAY:
"Yarn I don't like you, you might be a great yarn and a wonderful color, but you were not made for this project. I really know better than to continue with you . . . GOOD BYE yarn! I will give you away to a more deserving home!"
Once I gave up on the above mentioned issue I moved right on to a wonderful yarn and project!
Current project: I have been knitting with a wonderful new yarn which I can highly recommend. First this wonderful yarn from the Knit 'N Needle is a sport weight, 100% wool, super wash and HAND DYED! I love it! Polka Dot Sheep PDS Sport has been a lot of fun to work with and the projects I have knitted are just coming out great! I can recommend several very well written patterns from the Knit 'N Needle.
This is the pattern I am using for a parade of fingerless mittens for family members. The pattern is written for men, ladies, children and toddlers. The Lomond Series is a great pattern and knits up quickly.
![]() |
| Yarn from my favorite Montana yarn shoppe. |
![]() |
| Fireweed in sport weight and my camera did not capture this wonderful pink yarn well. These mitts are for my grand niece and the pattern is the Lassie Lomond. |
![]() |
| This color way is Lupine and will be another pair of Lassie Lomonds. |
I would say this wraps up this post and I will try to get myself back on a more regular schedule of posting about skiing, knitting, and life out here on the edge.









No comments:
Post a Comment