Strength from a Little Rock



I found this rock in the park by our house on August 1st. Some great person who I suspect is a kid painted this rock along with a few others and left the rocks around the park. Another one had a saying on it that I spotted.  This one really hit home with me as I recover from my meniscus tear repair I had on July 21st.  It was a nice reminder that we all need strength no matter what at different times for different situations.  My surgery is very minor as far as knee surgeries go. I still get frustrated along the way to my knee recovery.  I need to remind myself to take it easy, and to be patient!  Time is really one of the major stepping stones to healing.


July 31st, I had my stitches removed!  Before and below after.  I only lost the stitches and not my tan!
Really amazing only 3 small stitches to work orthotopically on a knee.

Aug 31st bike ride to home from my PT session. Time, patience, great surgeons, and outstanding PTs are all part of the healing process underlined by strength!  Thanks for the reminder little rock you will be placed back in the back for someone else to draw strength from.

Comments

LannieK said…
Your knee is looking great! Patience is so hard. So is time. After a recent fall, I need the strength you are sharing from that bright little rock :-)
Thank you ~
woolyjooly said…
I think you mean "July 31st" . . happy healing!
woolyjooly said…
I think you mean "July 31st" . . Happy healing!
shandy said…
Sorry to hear about your knee injury. Sounds like your recovery is going well. At least you could read and knit in the sun without missing the skiing.