Meniscus Tear!

Life is full of twists and turns and here I am stuck in a twist!  The twist is called a Meniscus Tear.  I didn't twist my knee to earn a right knee meniscus tear which is often one of the usual ways one earns this injury. I do my best to hobble forward with my ski pole and just plain old make the best of this situation.

Here is a great link to Meniscus injuries.  It explains different tears, how they are repaired, and general information about the surgery.  

I can read, knit, rest, although I am a bit uncomfortable at times.  At least, I can do these things at my home!  I have the front porch, back deck, and patios to enjoy. I can escape the heat inside our cool house in the afternoons.

I need to find something I can do so I just don't become a flab-o-la as I wait for surgery.  I am focussing on very healthy foods and taking advantage of all the great veggies & fruits I have access to this time of the year.

Surgery will be next Friday, July 21st.  It will be done in their clinic at the Flathead Orthopedic Center in Kalispell.  My understanding is that I will be in and out pretty fast.  As my neighbour who has had at least 12 knee surgeries said, "It is an oil change for them, in & out, repaired, done, you follow what the PT says and you will ski all winter!"   Then I can focus on recovery!  I will say I am tired of the nagging discomfort but there is an end in sight! I know this a minor thing and I am so grateful I am not in the village 400 air miles from Anchorage trying to get my knee repaired!

Comments

LannieK said…
You are so active that I am sure this will be a minor deal for you. Thoughts & prayers coming your way. Knit, Knit, Knit and Recover Strong!
Oh dear... Well, at least you'll get lots of knitting done :-/.