Knitting Away: WIPS OFF my Needles!

WIPs, WHAT?  In knitting we have a lot of little acronyms for our art form. WIPs are "Work(s) In Progress" and as knittersall at once they must be done! This August and early September was a forced knit in getting things DONE!  It worked!
or I should say many of us knitters have far too many of these works in progress floating or hidden around.  I for one am classic for starting all kinds of projects and

Central Ave. Hats were well received and are now being enjoyed by this very knit worthy group.

The Kokkeluri Mittens are now done and waiting to be worn in our first snow! I really enjoyed knitting these even though I got off to several very rough starts. Kate's yarn is a treat with an amazing hand and rich Scottish colors.





They were not worn during our 1st snow but yesterday we had ice on puddles, frozen ground, northern lights dancing around  . . . they went on the morning Tank Farm walk.

This project has been on my needles far too LONG!  I finally worked my short rows over my butt and have a pair of tights.  The design is from Elizabeth Zimmermann one of my all time very favorite knitters ever.   The yarn I used is a DK superwash from Knit 'N Needle in Whitefish, Montana. These will be used as a layer on our very cold sub-zero days this winter skiing or for hang out in after a bitter ski.


I wanted something colorful to look as my world becomes a bit monochrome during the winter months.
They still need elastic for the waist and a nice warm bath and time on the blocking board.

Comments

Lynn said…
Wonderful! Always makes for a sense of accomplishment!
And I love the long johns!