China . . . Really, I traveled with a day pack full of CHINA!

For years I would travel to visit my mother with a backpack.  She would pick me up at the airport and say things like, "When are you ever going to travel with a suitcase like a normal person?"  "Still with a backpack!" "You know they make nicer suitcases today." To this, "A backpack is easier to spot in all the regular luggage."  I will admit over the years we now travel with North Face duffel bags that are water-proof and do hold up well to travel abuses.  We have had these bags for about 15 years.  The oldest bag does have a few worn spots, but nothing that duct tape can not take care off!

Recently we were back east for a family visit.  My sister and I went through some of our mom's china/dishes and a bit of silver.  Then I had to figure out how to hand carry all these fragile treasures.  I wrapped all of it up in plastic and bubble wrap and placed it inside a stuff sack and then into my light weight older Dana day pack.  I was able to carry all of the treasures back to Montana without an issue. Meanwhile my mother laughed to herself, "still using a backpack I see!"

The old Dana Design Pack . . . perfect for travel and well used over the years.
The Stuff Sack full of old family treasures!




This tea cup and the one below were bought in the mid 60s and I always loved them.   




This is a great pack for travel as you can roll it up and stuff it away.  It was what I used to haul my treasures home.  I doubt they still make this back as it was made before Dana sold and has since returned to pack making.

Comments

shandy said…
How wonderful to be have such pretty family pieces!