Tossing out a Knitting Project

It doesn't happen often but once in awhile one needs to say:

I don't like this yarn! I certainly don't like the project, I picked for this yarn and the whole 9 yards needs to go AWAY!

That happened all within 48 hours.  I really tried to make it all work, but in the end I said, "Yarn I am selling you on Ravelry and pattern you are getting set aside for another day!"  

The best part is I posted this yarn for sale and within minutes a person contacted me wanting to buy the whole lot if the price was good.  Good price oh you bet this stuff needs to depart from my house pronto!  The yarn sold!  

The sense of freedom is amazing!

The yarn was Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift. I actually like the yarn.  The issue is I have been knitting worsted and unspun Icelandic and this yarn is anorexic by comparison.  I was not in the mood to get gauge and I really did try!  I even went to a friends house and found DPN the right size for a gauge!  She was at work and I snoped around for needles.  The best part is she had company coming in so her house was all nice and tidy.  I had to be a bit of detective to track down DPN.  I was getting 8-9 sts per inch and thought I would run out of yarn.  The gauge should have been 7.5 to 6.5 but I hated the whimpy knitted fabric I was getting . . . nothing was working at all.  I don't even want to get into the pattern which I actually really like, but to make it work I would have to do a lot of reconstruction---NOPE it was not going to happen!

Good buy yarn, tuck away the pattern and cast-on a new project!


Comments