Kokkeluri Mittens a Kate Davies Design #sevenskeinsclub

Kokkeluri Mittens a Kate Davies Design

Last night, I finally realized I had ENOUGH of Tomten #2!  I wanted to cast-on a wonderful pair of mittens and knit something new, different and not garter stitch.  I dug around in my DPN collection and did in fact find a 2.75 mm size of needles. I went with that size which I think and feel is a tad bit smaller than the US 2.  I may have to frog this one and go down a needle size but I can not tell yet.  No biggie at all to frog in my books it is simply all part of the process we knitters love! I do love this blue which is showing here a bit richer than what it is like in person.

The crochet provisional cast-on is a great skill and actually pretty is to apply.  I have used it before and really don't be afraid of it at all.  I would recommend working it on wooden needles as they are less slippery.

Using a braid is always a treat to me and such a neat design feature.  I am still amazed at how you knit vertically and yet create this nice horizontal look of the braid.  I do like my braided work to mirror each other and I may adjust for that feature on the right mitten.

Kate's yarn Buachaille has a wonderful hand to it!  I am really liking the feel of the yarn. The yarn weight is perfect as I do love a finer weight yarn.  This weight yarn is easy to work on needles, has great stitch definition, and the drape of the finish product is going to be lovely.

Off to knit some more to check out my gauge!  Knit on!

Comments