Knitting Update! Food Update & the good ol' Miscellaneous collection of "things"

I keep trying to keep up with the BLOG but I find I run out of time which is a rather lame excuse I know.  I love writing post and sharing photos of my rather crazy world out here on the tundra.  I know a lot of you enjoy it as well as I have a lot of visitors.  I do feel like I need to keep everyone current.  After this post I think I will have all photos up from October and can feel like I have a clean slate.

I was totally smitten with Kate Davies yarn club  and had to sign up and order her new yarn named: Buachaille.  #sevenskeinsclub you can find out more about her yarn or visit her blog.  
My husband didn't know he ordered this for my Birthday present!  He was thrilled the shopping was so easy this year.  The yarn arrived after my birthday but no biggie at all. I have yet to get it into balls but I did weight it all as suggested for various knitting patterns that are all part of the club.
I love the yarn, the feel of it and the smell!  The colors are great and very rich.  I think Kate has done a wonderful job of putting together a great yarn with some fantastic patterns.  The first item I will knit will be the Kokkeluri Mittens.  I have been wanting a new pair of mittens.  I also wanted something that wasn't to Norwegian and Kate's pattern is the ticket.

This African Violet was started from a leaf last year.  I have several of these in my classroom from last year and they are doing GREAT!  Nothing like a bit of color in my dark wintery world!
October is my birthday month and my cake was pumpkin pie without the crust. I make this wonderful yummy treat often.  No crust well I have always liked the pie more than the crust and now I don't eat wheat so it is perfectly yummy!
One of the many tundra walks we take just about every day or when the snow lands we ski! 

Butternut Squash Curry with chick-peas and rice! Tonight we had this as a left over and added chicken breast so dang tasty@
Sadie loves to eat ice even if it is like -20ºF out she will lay in the snow and eat ice!

Just us "girls" out on the tundra!  Tally and me.

Miss Sadie and me.
I love tally just sitting and wishing those clouds would bring us some snow!
"See" says Tally, "I am praying for snow too!"

In the fall we always get jelly fish on the beach.  This year they are rather small but you can see them on the sand.  Clear jelly fish.  We jokingly call them "Jesuit Jelly Fish" as they have a cross in them. 

I can not say enough about this great tea company!  Chai Diaries.  I ordered several teas from them and all of them have been delightful.  Great flavors and fast service and for rural Alaska that is a must.  I know I will be ordering more of their wonderful teas!



Almond flour , chipotle  crackers.  This is a great little recipe and just plain old yummy and easy to make.
I love homemade soup.  Here is a nice little veggie soup with chick-peas.  The base is turkey and veggie broth.
Almond Flour scone with tundra cranberries!
Beach looking north along Norton Sound.

Beach looking south towards Unalakleet.
Here is Tomten # 2 with the sleeves completed.  Below is the amount of left over green yarn.  Luckly it all worked out perfectly with a bit of frogging and added colors.




Below are a few closing photos from October 31st tundra walk in the wind and snow! All of which makes me extremely happy!






Comments

shandy said…
Those almond crackers look wonderful! I did not even know that there was such a thing as almond flour.
kristieinbc said…
Wonderful pictures! It was fun seeing all the things you've been up to in October. I'm in the Seven Skeins club too, but haven't started a project yet. I have the two sweaters for my granddaughters to finish first, plus I've been holding out for all four of the big patterns to be released. I want to be sure I use the right colours in the right project. :-)
knitski said…
I just haven't started anything due to a Tomten that has got to get in the mail! I am about to cast-on those mittens as I just love the look.

I am very curious to see what else she has up her knitting needles!