No Bad Weather KAL (Knit Along)


My yarn arrived today for the Knit Along (KAL) I have joined through the Knit 'N Needle yarn shoppe in Whitefish, Montana.  We were quick to get the girls out on the tundra for a photo shoot with my new PDS worsted yarn when we got home from work today at 6 p.m.  I love the colors in person and am looking forward to casting on a sleeve for a swatch.  This hand dyed yarn is from a very talented independent yarn dyer in Whitefish.

The colors I picked, as always have some kind of theme or purpose in "Nancy's World" and this yarn is no exception.  The green (Douglas Fir) is for evergreen trees which I especially adore when covered in snow.  The red-ish color (petroglyph) is for the fall colors on the tundra as we transition into winter, and the white (beargrass) is of course for one of my favorite things: SNOW!

The No Bad Weather Knit Along will be starting officially on September 14th.  It will be hosted on the Ravelry site. For you non-knitters (is there such a person yikes!) think FaceBook for knitters, only a lot better than facebook could ever be! On Ravelry you would just have to join the Polka Dot Sheep Publications group.

Comments