Bláithín

My Bláithín sweater is true to form creeping along ever so slowly.  I did make yet another change and learned and used German Short rows which worked out great and got rid of several gaping openings form the turn and wrap method I deplore!

New fan of German Short Rows for shaping.

No loops or large stitches from turn and wrap.

Sewing in the loose ends from the color work on the yoke.


I am presently working on the cast-off edge of the lower body.  I am stuck in a thinking stage as I can not figure out why one would cast-off 232 sts. and then pick up 232 for icord.  I am going to re-read the pattern and then most likely do an icord bind off instead.  Once that is done I will be steeking the front which means cutting the front of the sweater open.  Steeking is a method I actually really like and use often.  I was hoping to have this sweater done and off the needles before the reverse migration starts.  I am doubtful this will happen! 

Comments