Knitting!

I have been working on several small projects as a nice distraction from a larger project that I really need to get back too.  Fingerless mittens are coming along great.  I am almost done with the last small pair.  I have to knit a larger pair and will be casting on that one soon.

Snow Ghost Mittens

I love this well written pattern!  The mittens are wonderful and fit perfectly.  I did change the inside cuff a bit but other than that I followed the pattern as it is written.  I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca which is a dream yarn in my mind, soft, luscious colors and just a joy to work with!

Provisional cast on which I really like and don't use enough.
The back of the Snow Ghost Mitten
The pattern includes a color scheme in both a dark and light main color.
Palm side and thumb 
One completed mitten
The red/pink inside is Blue Sky Suri.  This was added to help keep drafts out.


Completed Snow Ghost Mitten and one more to go!

Felted Baby Booties

This pattern may be purchased at the Knit 'N Needle and you may have to call them to have the pattern mailed to you as it is not yet in a PDF  downloadable form.  A friend of mine designed this great simple pattern.  I have made countless pairs of these booties.  I use a 100% wool and like Malabrigo for this project.  It felts up wonderfully and has a wonderful feel to the finished felted item.  Toss in a little blanket stitch with embroidery thread to jazz up the finish bootie.  I have used sock weight yarn for the blanket stitch detail as well with great success.


The blue and yellow theme is for their Swedish heritage.

Polka Dot Sheep Hand Dyed Yarn

My favorite local yarn shoppe if you haven't notice yet is the Knit 'N Needle which has a online site based on the shoppe's logo the polka dot sheep.  Below is some of the yarn I have purchased lately.  I have been knitting with this yarn and can highly recommend it as having wonderful colors, great stitch definition, a nice lofty feel once blocked.




I have not figured out what all of this yarn will be knitted up into yet.  I can say mostly hats, mittens and smaller items are on the plate.

Spring

Sea ice melting and shifting around in Norton Sound on yesterday's beach walk.
My girl Sadie being the half Akbash she is overseeing everything to keep me safe.
Sadie exploring the sea ice hopping around the melting water.

Update Completed!

The update is complete! I will be imposing the ban on FaceBook  for the spring/summer.  I will be focusing on Wool-n-Ski which I enjoy far better as it is my space.

From yesterday's beach walk, an old fart selfie to join the all-about-me generation! 
Sadie sums up yesterday's activities!

Comments