Mystery Series by Ann Cleeves

I recently discovered author Ann Cleeves and just devoured her Shetland Quartet series.  I enjoyed the first and second book.  By her third book there was a great leap forward in Ms. Cleeves writing.  I found it difficult to figure out who the murderer was in each book.  Ms. Cleeves kept me guessing right up to the end of each book.  By the fourth book in the series Ms. Cleeves has become a sophisticated mystery writer and I highly recommend her books.

If you are a knitter you will find bits and pieces of fiber related content knitted into the fabric of her writing.  I enjoyed these bits of Shetland knitting history.

I enjoyed all four books in the Shetland Quartet.  My favorites were the last two: Red Bones and Blue Lighting.  I highly recommend reading them all in order.


Comments