My Local Yarn Shop the Knit 'n Needle

Don't you just love your local yarn shop!  I know, I love my favorite local shop and for me it is truly a local shop.  I just have to walk out my front door and walk 3.5 blocks right to the front of door of Knit 'n Needle.  Not only is there a great sales staff but this warm cozy shoppe is full of great yarns and accessories.  If you are a fan of Ravelry they have a wonderful online group.  If you are saying to yourself "What the heck is Ravelry?" Don't worry just click on the link and check it out.  As many of us describe Ravelry to the non-knitting population (is there such a thing) we often say it is the facebook for knitters only so much more!

I wanted to include some of the great items I purchase this year at the Knit 'n Needle's annual sale.  One of my favorite purchases which I am just loving are my Addi Click needles.  I have had other interchangeable needles but of course typical of Addi these needles out shine the rest.

Addi Click needles--oh how I love knitting with these needles!

Another great item that I purchased although it was not on sale is this book.  I just love 100% wool and learning about fiber.  I have been wanting this book for some time.  I figure it will be great reading when I am up north for the school year.


My yarn purchases are below.  The GINA is for the KAL that I have yet to start.  The shoppe is hosting a Knit Along (KAL) that I really need to jump in on!  Crown Jewel Knit Along  is in progress but don't ever feel afraid to join in late to this group!  The other yarns to below are purchases for the stash.  Next is some Schoeller + Stahl Limbo superwash to add to the "hat stash department."  That beautiful rusty color is of course Malabrigo Twist in sunset.  Who in their right mind can pass up Malibrigo on sale? Last but not least is a wonderful organic cotton by Blue Sky Organic.


The yarn below is for another pair of Northman Mittens which was a winter KAL from earlier this year.  I will be using the idea of the Northman Mitten for the mittens I am planning.  However, the color motif  will be altered from the Norwegian Rose/snowflake to a skier.  Below, I have Ultra Alpaca from Berroco for the outer part of my Northman Mittens (blue and white).  The lining for these mittens will be out of the middle yarn which is actually a nice bold magenta from Blue Sky called Brushed Suri.





Comments